Shum Derevyev Records
Music is an integral state of nature, just like the noise of trees it is eternal. The music we publish is suitable for any unprepared listener but still either too unfit for masses or too commercially unfit for larger labels. We are not a commercial company but a fellow crew, created to bring such unusual music to collectable physical media.
All of our records come as collectable compact cassettes produced in very small quantities (usually 10-30 pcs.). We value quality both in design and production of our cassettes: the medium is produced for us by the GoTape company based in Saint Petersburg, who own the needed equipment for tape winding and cassette case assembly. Starting with October 2018 we are recording our cassettes using our own cassette decks made in the golden era of analogue sound (1978-1993). All of our equipment is thoroughly serviced and tuned to bring its technical parameters back to the specifications. And since May 2019 we are printing labels on our own equipment.
If you’re a musician who wants to be published, please be acknowledged of a few guidelines before submitting your music to us:
- We do not publish:
- music which can easily be published on another label
- music unbearable for an unprepared listener
- music inciting depressive mood, aversion to oneself or the others as well as to the whole world
- music promoting perversive esthetics
- well you got it…
- We welcome:
- mentally and spiritually healthy individuals
- well performed and recorded music; the only exception are field and unique records, e.g. recordings brought from ethnographic expeditions
- first of all, music with themes such as nature, wild life, country culture and folklore from any country of the world
- themes and esthetics of atmospheric moods and romantic art
- any other unusual themes which fit the general criteria
An author does not pay anything to be published. As a reward we can only offer several (2-3) free copies of the cassette. We do not require any agreements to be signed and do not assume any rights to your original recordings, our rights extend only to the particular cassette release we produce.
If you want to contact us, use the form below: